A b o u t H e r
Born in 1982, Kusadasi, at west coast of Turkey. After receiving bachelor's degree from the Department of International Relations at Istanbul University - Political Sciences Faculty, she carried out master's studies at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University's Department of Film & TV . Continued her master’s thesis studies at Basic Art & Design in same university.
She acts in different disciplines of art, thinking all of them feed her artistic movements, she tries to be a multifaceted artist. After receiving a short film script award, she started her film career in 2005 and worked for 10 years at every stages of feature movies also at Akbank Short Film Festival organization in Evci Film production company.
Her debut as production designer and as responsible of international relations, was Selim Evci's feature movie "Two Lines" (2008), which premiered at 65th Venice International Film Festival - Critics' Week. She worked in all the creative stages of "Two Lines" including pre-production, production, post-production; also represented the title in many international film festivals and film markets. She involved at script development stage to the feature movie "Winds" and presented it at Berlinale and IFFR as responsible of international relations during its pre-production. She played as leading actress also in "Winds" (2010) and was also the art director.
As an actress, she was selected to the Theatre Sector of La Biennale di Venezia for "The Limits of Theatre" directed by Catalan director Calixto Bieito and then invited Calixto Bieito’s performance “Envidia” as actress at 41st International Theatre Festival - La Biennale di Venezia, 2011.
In 2014, she involved feature movie “Secret” as art director. Having the advantage of working on independent arthouse movies, she experienced every stages of creating, producing a feature movie.
While she was working in film industry in Istanbul, she started studying on printmaking. Her first solo exhibition on engraving & photography took place in Galeri Selvin Istanbul, 2013.
Received one of the “Lorenzo il Magnifico” awards on “works on paper” category from IX.Florence Biennale, with her etchings in same year. Invited biennials, triennials, group exhibitions, art fairs at different countries since 2013. Attended printmaking class with a grant at Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts in 2015 and 2016. Her woodcut work titled “Homage to Albrecht Dürer” is at permanent collection of the Albertina Museum, Vienna since 2016. ”. Also took award on photography from Los Angeles Photo Festival and from Budapest PH21 Gallery Honourable Mention award in 2016. She attended many biennials, triennials, group exhibitions at different countries since 2013. Her artworks are in the collections of the Gabrova Museum in Bulgaria, the Drawing Museum in Macedonia, the Douro Museum in Portugal and the IMOGA - Istanbul Graphic Arts Museum.
She is invited to 68th Berlin Film Festival - Berlinale 2018 as production designer to attend Production Design Studio of "World Building Institute" as part of Berlinale Talents.
Mixer presented her second solo exhibition, “Myths”, at the historical Adahan Istanbul cistern, between 3 and 23 April 2018. “Myths” forms part of the 100th anniversary celebrations of the director that continue throughout 2018, under the directorship of the Ingmar Bergman Foundation in Stockholm. With a note of "Homage to Ingmar Bergman",the exhibition "Myths" was also part of 37th Istanbul Film Festival events. After the exhibition as she also attended to Bergman Week at Faro island in Sweden, as an artist.
Currently she works on photography and printmaking beside her works in film industry.
M u s e u m C o l l e c t ı o n s
• Austria | Albertina Museum | Drawings and Prints Permanent Collection
• Portugal | Douro Museum | Biennial Printmaking Collection
• Macedonia | Osten Drawing Museum
• Bulgaria | Gabrovo Museum House of Humour and Satire
• Poland | International Print Biennial Łódź Collection
• Turkey | IMOGA - Istanbul Museum of Graphics Art Collection
• Turkey | The Women's Library and Information Foundation
A w a r d s & N o m ı n a t ı o n s
• 2013 | Award | Italy | 9th Florence Biennale | Lorenzo il Magnifico - Works on Paper Category
• 2016 | Award | Hungary | Honorable Mention Award | PH21 Budapest - Lines and Curves Exhibition
• 2005 | Award | Turkey | Best Short Film Script | Istanbul International Short Film Festival
• 2015 | Nomination | Turkey | Golden Orange | Art Director | 52nd Antalya International Film Festival
• 2012 | Nomination | Turkey | Türkan Soray Award - Most Promising Actress | 19th Adana International Film Festival
• 2012 | Nomination | Turkey | Golden Boll | Best Art Director | 19th Adana International Film Festival
• 2012 | Nomination | Turkey | Golden Boll | Best Actress | 19th Adana International Film Festival
• 2008 | Nomination | Turkey | Golden Orange | Art Director | 45th Antalya International Film Festival
S e l e c t e d E x p e r ı e n c e s o n A r t
• 2020 | Turkey | Group Exhibition | "Us Actually" | Mixer | January 18 - February 22
• 2019 | Turkey | Group Exhibition | Artweeks Akaretler | September 3 - 22
• 2019 | Hungary | Group Exhibition | PH21 Galley Photography Exhibition | April 11 - May 4
• 2018 | Turkey | 13th Contemporary Istanbul Art Fair | September 20 - 23
• 2018 | Turkey | Group Exhibition | Printed'18 | Mixer | April 19 - June 2
• 2018 | Turkey | Solo Exhibition | “Myths” | Mixer - Adahan | April 3 - 23
• 2016 | Turkey | 11th Contemporary Istanbul Art Fair | November 3 - 6
• 2016 | Portugal | 8th International Printmaking Biennial of Douro | August 10 - October 31
• 2016 | Turkey | Group Exhibition | "There" | Mixer | October 27 - November 27
• 2016 | Turkey | Group Exhibition | Mixer Sessions I | Mixer | July 15 - August 15
• 2016 | Hungary | Group Exhibition | PH21 Galley Photography Exhibition | March 17 - April 12
• 2016 | USA | Group Exhibition | Photogravures at MGC | Manhattan Graphics Center | March 1 - 10
• 2016 | USA | Group Exhibition | Los Angeles Photo Festival | Hatakeyama Gallery | August 11 - 15
• 2015 | Bulgaria | 22nd International Biennial of Humor and Satire - Gabrovo | May 16 - September 30
• 2015 | Turkey | International Izmir Art Biennial | May 4 - 11
• 2015 | Turkey | 2nd International Visual Arts Gathering Izmir | June 11 - 23
• 2014 | Argentina | International Biennial of Contemporary Art Argentina - Buenos Aires | October 3 - 10
• 2014 | Italy | Esposizione Triennale di Arti Visive a Roma | “Where is Venice?” | June 6 - 14, 2014
• 2013 | Italy | 9th Florence Biennial | November 30 - December 8
• 2013 | Turkey | Solo Exhibition | “Following a Seagull” | Gallery Selvin | September 25 - October 10
• 2008 | IFSAK - Istanbul Photography and Cinema Amateurs Association | Photography Class
F ı l m o g r a p h y
• 2014 | Feature Movie | Art Director | Saklı ( Secret ) | director - Selim Evci
• 2010 | Feature Movie | Actress - Art Director - Int.Relations | Rüzgarlar ( Winds ) | director - Selim Evci
• 2008 | Feature Movie | Production Designer - International Relations | Iki Çizgi ( Two Lines ) | 65th Venice | director - Selim Evci
S e l e c t e d E x p e r ı n c e s o n F ı l m & A c t ı n g
• 2019 | Japan | Kyoto Filmmakers Lab 2019 | October 30 - November 3
• 2019 | Turkey | WMC - Women with Movie Cameras - Script Lab 2019 | May 27 - June 2
• 2018 | Germany | 68th Berlin Film Festival - Production Design Studio - Berlinale Talents | February 16 - 23
• 2011 | Italy | Actress | La Biennale di Venezia - 41st Int.Theatre Festival | ”Envidia” | director - Calixto Bieito
• 2011 | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Actress & Production Designer | Sarajevo Film Festival - Talents Campus
• 2011 | Turkey | Actress | “Richard’s Rampage” | Workshop | director - Kevin Spacey
• 2010 | Turkey | Copywriter | McCann Erickson Istanbul
• 2008 | France | Production Designer | AFIC - Audiovisual Seminar | Panthéon-Sorbonne University - Paris
• 2006 | Film & TV - Master Degree | Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University
• 2005 | Turkish State Theatres Opera and Ballet Members’ Foundation | Acting
• 2004 | Gönül Ülkü & Gazanfer Özcan Theatre | Acting | Workshop
• 2003 - 2005 | Foundation of Culture and Art Nazım Hikmet | Acting Class
• 2002 - 2003 | Academy Istanbul | Acting Class